So I thought I was a genius for coming up with this idea “Johnny-on-the-spot” one day as a snack, but while working on this post I googled “No-bake apple donuts” and turns out a lot of other people have had this great idea too.
But just in case you haven’t heard of them, I give you No-Bake Apple “Donuts”…!!!
*forgive me… I’m clearly not a food photographer
These are super easy.
– Peanut butter, Nutella, cream cheese… maybe hummus?
– Chia seeds, sprinkles, coconut flakes, ? carrot shavings…maybe? (Haven’t tried it but could be fun), Cheerios, mini chocolate chips, etc.
Turn the apple on its side and slice it into disks. Use a knife to cut out the core in the middle, spread on peanut butter or Nutella, and top with toppings.
Since we eat these immediately I don’t treat the apples to keep them from browning, but if you were going to do these for lunches I would.
* To make it an activity, let your child spread on the “icing”
and sprinkle on the toppings 🙂
Also, did you know that kids are more likely to eat foods that they help fix or play with? So if you kids don’t like a food, turn it into a “craft” activity and watch them lick their fingers 😉 and they may end up liking it after all.
Here are some other blogs who’ve done some cute “apple donuts”
– Fork & Beans (she added cocoa powder to her peanut butter, what?!)
– Hello, Wonderful (she added food coloring to her cream cheese “icing”
Comment below with your ideas! What would you/ do you put on your “apple donuts”?